Monday, April 11, 2011

Kesley turns 1!!!!

Willard, MO (In-Studio)

Kesley got to be my very first client in the new studio space (with the exception of the few shots I got of my youngest, but I don't think he really counts ;)  )!  And even better than that, she is also going to be turning 1 year old very soon!!

She is a bit more limited physically for her age because she was a premie when born, but I still think she did absolutely wonderfully and my goodness she is adorable!  That smile is most certainly a contagious one, or at least it got me smiling and giggling every time I saw it : )  After about the first outfit, she did start to get a little tired, but then after not having all day, who can blame her.  So many of the shots we had to be a bit more creative and have her momma hold her or daddy soothe her in some way while I kept shooting.

Here are a few favorites that I have narrowed out from her session...

For the first part of the session, Kesley's mom put her in what I thought at the moment was THE most adorable vintage outfit, which actually had belonged to her grandfather when he was a baby.


See what I mean, such a cutie!  I loved how she just looked up at me just as I took the shot with her perfect grin :)

Now I had said I "thought" the first outfit was THE most adorable, that was until I saw the next one.  And what made the next one even better was the fact that her mom made it for her!  Totally reminded me of the crazy talents that my own mother has in the gift of sewing and being able to follow a pattern (those things might as well be in chinese if you ask me).


This was when she was really starting to get tired (I'm so sorry Kesley... I still say you were being the best trooper ever!!!).  

Yes, even she loved her dress!  So much so, that she just couldn't stop looking at it and playing with it!!

Daddy knew just how to soothe his baby girl.  The look on her face here almost brings tears to my eyes because I can totally remember the moments after my boys would fuss for so long, and just as I finally got them to settle down and they were about to fall asleep...  they would just lay there for a moment with their eyes just barely open...  oh my goodness, so precious : )


And last but not least, we got into our birthday outfit, which of course was made by her oh so talented mommy!  Jenny, you did awesome with these outfits, seriously!!  Just as I was about to shoot this pose, her mom said the most perfect comment "It's my party and I'll cry if I want to!"  Love it!


B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L

Happy first birthday beautiful sweet Kesley!!!  I absolutely cannot wait to see you again!

No comments: