Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Kurt & Sandra

Willard, MO

I first met Kurt & Sandra last summer and then photographed their engagement photos in the fall.  It was one of my all time favorite sessions, because being kind of city girl myself, they took me around family farm land and were up for anything I asked them to do.  They climbed hay bails, laid in fields that had just been rained in the day before, climbed fences, and trotted through barns...I loved every minute of it.  And even better, it made me so incredibly anxious for the wedding day!

They both attend college in Kansas, and since I am a HUGE KU fan, well, it was if our paths were meant to cross.  : )  Being busy with school, I was absolutely blown away with every last detail that they managed to cover, including all the items that Sandra found using Ebay.  I had no idea that Ebay was such a useful tool.  But she was determined to have a fantastic wedding and stick to their budget, and wowzers, I think it's safe to say it was more than just fantastic, but a dream come true.

Getting to hang out with the girls while they get beautified is always a fun time, and these girls made it extra fun.  Rashel Fent did their hair and also Sandra's makeup.  I have had the pleasure of knowing Rashel for a while now but this was our first chance to work together.  This girl does some amazing work!



Neither Sandra, nor her sister ever wear makeup, and so we got some good laughs as their makeup was being applied, especially in this next photo as Sandra's sister asked what an eyeliner was.  In their defense though, these are two gorgeous gals that don't even need makeup...so jealous!


Why hello beautiful eyes!


In the midst of the waiting game as everyone gets ready, a couple of the girls snuck over to check out the cake a friend was setting up.  And wouldn't you know, she just happened to have a tub of extra buttercream icing.....YUMMMMMMMY!  Sorry, but there was just no way I could resist that.  : )





After hanging out with the guys a bit in their game room, we went out for some photos.  It was HOT, and the bluest of blue skies without a cloud in the sky.  This doesn't exactly make things easy for a photographer, or easy for guys in tuxes, but they did not complain at all.  In fact, they were determined to show off their handsome good looks!  I'd say mission accomplished!  : )



And one of my favs....


Well that WAS one of my favs until we went back inside.  The light was peaking through a tall window by the door so picture perfectly that I couldn't resist taking Kurt by my side and I got this....one of my all time favorite photos...


When it comes to weddings one thing that I love to do is use some of the waiting time to take special items such as the dress, shoes, and rings out on adventure all by myself.  For me, this part of the day is like setting the scene for a painting or something of the sorts you could say.   I had been excited for the moment with the brides dress and shoes before the day had even arrived because I just knew that girl would wear her cowboy boots, and sure enough...she did!  I giggled in excitement to say the least.



The girls were very anxious for the time in front of the camera and oh how I loved them!

This was one of my ideas for the girls...


And this was their idea...G-E-N-I-U-S, or should I say, L-O-V-E this pose!


It's never a wedding without an adorable flower girl and ring bearer...



While waiting for everyone to be seated the boys were sharing stories and then one of the groomsmen decided they needed to go over their "plays" one last time.  So funny...


Okay just another moment that I loved during the day was at the end of the ceremony.  The talk that day was about the "kiss" because Sandra has NEVER wanted or dared to kiss Kurt in public...like, ever!  So when the time came, even the minister got in a last joke and well Sandra, just in case anyone missed it, here ya go....


As I have made mention, Kurt and Sandra are all country, and tears even filled my eyes as Kurt made mention in his vows about how Sandra would be his hunting and fishing buddy.  (sniff, sniff...seriously the sweetest).  And so when I saw the cake topper, I thought wow, there's no doubt about it, this was made just for them!


And for the Groom's cake...perfection!


Anyone who knows me, knows that I am an ice cream fanatic and therefore my opinion is a little biased, but still...this has to be one of the best ideas I have ever seen at a wedding reception...ice cream sundae's, are you kidding me???  I may have caved for the icing, but somehow I managed to just hide behind the camera for the sundae's, but my stomach growls every time I see these photos.


It's payback time for the Groom on this one.  Apparently at one of the groomsmen weddings, Kurt had participated in decorating the car and then put a dead fish in the car...that's right, a dead fish!  Needless to say, the wedding party couldn't get to Kurt and Sandra's car fast enough.  And yes, that is cellophane wrapped from top to bottom of the car.  When they were finished, Kurt's brother did go out on the back roads in hopes of finding a dead animal to put on top, but no such luck.  Still, as hot of a day it was, I was glad I wasn't Kyle when it was time to go home.  : )


After watching the battle take place on the car I head back inside.  It's the end of the reception and we are waiting to head out for shots with just Kurt and Sandra, and as I turn the corner I see this...oh my goodness, oh my goodness, so stinkin adorable!!!


The love between these two is so evident, and heartwarming.  And the fact that after a long wedding day when it was over 100 degrees, that they still were so anxious and determined to get some great shots of just the two of them...well, I definitely felt honored.


The sweat that was pouring down these two was crazy, and look...pure beauty still just radiates from this bride!  







We forgot the bouquet, but no worries, because her friend's mom who's house we were at had flowers in all directions and so she picked a few...you are a life saver, thank you!




Always having fun it seems...




Kurt & Sandra, I truly hope this is not the last that we will see of one another, because I have enjoyed every minute I have been around you.  The two of you are such an inspiration and are the definition of true love.  Thank you for allowing me to be a part of such an amazing day, and I wish you nothing but the absolute best!!!



Now...don't forget...I love comments, so be sure to post yours below!!!

No comments: