Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Katelynn

Willard, MO

Katelynn's Mom & Dad, (Stacie & Paul) emailed me and wanted to have a photo shoot with their daughter for her 2nd Birthday.  They were a bit worried not only because she was a typical 2 year old and constantly on the move, but also because they had her first pictures done at another studio and they went really bad.  All the photos were of her crying.  I knew I could come up with a lot of options for her at the studio, but I always, always, always like to try and get the toddlers out of the studio.  Let's face it, all toddlers like to explore and have fun.  Usually if it's at all nice outside, I LOVE to go outdoors the most.  But with the 100+ temps we have been having, the parents to no surprise thought indoors would be best.  I put some thought into this, and had been talking with friend Pam who owns the Back Porch Tea House in Willard, MO.  Pam gave me the go ahead to try out having a session in her area of the tea room so I made a call to Stacie and she was all for trying out the new location.

It was a bit overwhelming putting props together for this session.  The Back Porch Tea House is also connected to the Village Flowers and Mercantile owned by Cheryl, who gave me permission to use some of the items from the Mercantile.  This place is plum full of the neatest antiques and decor one could imagine.  Once I got going with the setup, it got a bit easier, but I could have spent hours putting together all kinds of fun backdrops and props for little Miss Katelynn to use.

The second Katelynn got there, she saw the tea party I set up and wanted to try that out first.  Some of the ladies had even let me borrow some food items to set out for the tea party as well, and what tea party would be complete without some furry friends at the table as well!  Oh, I loved it....did I mention I have only boys, so these kinds of things melt my heart!!!  Katelynn was on the move a lot, but it was still loads of fun, and lots of things for her to try out.  And her outfits were absolutely the cutest, and for the last outfit, oh my, mommy gave her pigtails for!  I LOVE pigtails!  I always wanted a little girl just so that I could put pigtails in her hair...sniff, sniff, sniff.  (pssst....I may have tried this with my youngest son while his hair was still long...hehehe...oh this would not make his grandpa very happy to hear, sorry Dad)

Stacie, Paul, & Katelynn, I can't thank you enough for the wonderful time I had with you guys!  I loved each and every minute of it, and felt so honored to take these photographs for Katelynn's BIG 2nd Birthday!  I hope to see you guys again very, very soon!!!

Okay, there I go again, talking away....now for some photos!  OH, and please don't forget to be sure to leave a comment at the end of the post.  I love ALL the feedback I can get, and find it quite exciting to hear what everyone thinks.

(I know there's more photos than usual here...I really had a hard time narrowing these down, so I figured, eh, the more the merrier!)
















2 comments:

Raquel's Photography said...

i love how the B&W makes her eyes just POP :) great job!!!

Monica McGinnis said...

Love the one with her smelling the flower - so so precious!