Saturday, August 14, 2010

Baby Blair

Springfield, MO

I met Shannon & Carrie in June for the maternity photos after communicating through email for several weeks.  These two were ecstatic and full of glow the second I met them, and were up for anything throughout the shoot.  As many know, we haven't exactly had a mild summer with these high temperatures.  So many of my shoots have been requested to remain indoors.  We did the majority in studio, but then they were more than willing to go down the road to some farm land for photos when it was easily in the mid to high 90's.  Talk about one happy and brave momma-to-be!

Their prints from the maternity session just happened to arrive the day before they went in to the hospital to be induced.  I had orders for both grandma's-to-be as well, so I made a phone call to one of the grandma's to make sure I could head up to the hospital.  I've never really went about photo order deliveries in this way before. : )  I decided to make Blair a hat to give the parents for when she arrived after Carrie had raved about my 4th of July hat on facebook I had made earlier in the month.  

Turns out the hat was the only hat that fit Blair for the first two weeks so they were anxious to bring that to her newborn session.  It made me happy to know that they liked the hat so much I have to admit.  When I make those, I don't always know if they are going to fit well or if the color scheme is going to look as good on, as it does while I am making it.  

So two weeks passed before I finally heard from Shannon & Carrie ready to schedule the session.  I was pretty worried that too much time had passed and I wouldn't be able to achieve the "newborn" poses.  HA, HA, HA....I was soooooo wrong!!!  This girl was one of the older newborns I have had, but slept through all the beginning poses with just her, AND was soooo easy to pose!  

When you see these adorable poses that all the photographers do with these little newborns, let me tell you....this takes LOTS of patience, practice, and expertise!!!  But Blair, wowzers, she was like working with a baby doll, letting me pose her any way I wanted and slept every bit of the way.  Phew!  I guess that's what I get for worrying.  : )

Okay, so enough of all this babble....let's get to some of the photo's!























No comments: