Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Micah & April

I met April through a friend, and I am so glad I did. Their special day was so beautiful, and the love between Micah and April is noticed immediately. Their wedding took place in the small town of Holden, MO. It was a bit of a drive for me coming from Springfield, but wow what a beautiful drive it was. I felt like I had traveled back in time to when life was simpler. And it just kept getting better from there. The church, oh wow! It was a smaller church but absolutely beautiful, and full of some of the most breathtaking stained glass windows I have ever seen. Talk about a photographers dream come true!

Here is a glimpse at a few of the details...





April doing some last minute touch ups...


Meanwhile, the guys doing their thing...


Then I stepped out to do some shots of the rings. When I came back in, uh, hello Micah, talk about a photo opt! Totally didn't know they were doing a little jam session!


Oh how I love this one. I was heading down the hall and caught the guys waiting for their cue.


Here's one of my favorites from the ceremony...


Afterwards, they walked out the front doors of the church and as I stood at the top of the steps, ah, here they all were. What a perfect wedding party!


And now for some a bit more posed...








I can't take all the credit on this next one. The groom's sister came up with this idea and how Micah and April are looking at each other with all the groomsmen keeping their on eye on Micah. Needless to say she is on her way to becoming a photographer, and I think she is going to be great at it too!


And lastly, here are two of my favorite candids of the gorgeous couple...



I just want to say a huge thank you to Micah and April for allowing me to be there for their BIG day! And to all their friends and family, all of you were so wonderful to be around. Everyone was so nice and down to earth.

Congratulations April and Micah! May you live happily ever after!
~ Heather

No comments: